CSE 2011 - Fundamentals of Data Structures
Fall 2009 - Section A
Department of Computer
Science and Engineering, York University
Tuesday and Thursday, 17:30-19:00, in R-N203
Office: CSE 2024 (Computer Science & Engineering Building)
Phone: (416) 736-2100 ext. 33274
Email: utn @ cse . yorku . ca
Home page: www.cse.yorku.ca/~utn
- Tuesday, 16:00-17:00
- Thursday, 16:00-17:00
- By appointment in special cases
Email: lipingh @ cse . yorku . ca
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java (4th edition)
by Michael T. Goodrich and Roberto Tamassia
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2007)
- 20% - Assignments and in-lab tests
- 30% - Mid-term test
- 50% - Final exam
Test and Exam Policy
- You are allowed to miss a test/exam only under extraordinary circumstances.
- If the reason is sickness, your doctor must fill in the
Attending Physician's Statement form. Only this form, completely and properly filled, will be accepted.
- There are NO make up tests. The weight of a missed test will be transferred to another test or the final exam.
- In this course, all assignments, tests and exam are individual work. Plagiarism and cheating are not tolerable.
- When sending emails to the instructor or TA, please indicate "CSE 2011"
in the subject line (e.g., "CSE 2011 - Lecture notes unreadable"), or they may be deleted by mistake as
spam. Include your name and student ID in the email.
- For questions related to course materials, it is best to
ask during lectures or office hours. Email is not a good way to explain course materials.
- Read the lecture notes and textbook before and again right after each lecture. Work on the suggested problems before coming to the tutorials.
- September 10: First class
- October 8: Lab test 1
- October 10-16: Reading week
- October 29: Midterm test
- November 6: Last date to drop fall courses without receiving a grade
- November 26: Lab test 2
- December 8: Last class
- December 11: Final exam