- What: I request that you submit a photo of yourself to me,
add a photo to your forum account, and even include a photo in emails.
- I am very bad with names. (Sorry)
- Emails and tests are effectively anonymous.
- I want to encourage and reward people for contributing in class with
10% of the mark. I will use the photo submitted with "submit" to remember who you are.
- Someday you may want me to write for you a letter of
recommendation. For this, I will have to remember who you are.
- Submit Photo
- Please use your name as in the
Class List, i.e. last name first.
- cp photo.jpg Smith_John.jpg
- submit 2001 photos Smith_John.jpg
I will later copy it to the
- Photo in Emails:
If you would like a better rapport with your emails, please include a
picture within the text.
- Photo in Forum:
At the present time, students cannot control their usernames on
the forum. The username is simply the students login name. On the
other hand, you or any of your students can go into the "User Control
Panel" (Under the "York" logo, you will see "Board index", then "User
Control Panel"), select the "Profile" tab, then "Edit avatar". You
can upload a picture and you will see that picture by the username."
- Subscribing to Forum:
I communicate to you via the Forum. You are also encouraged to talk to
each other this way. To be sure that you know when something has
been posted, it is important to subscribe to the course forum.
Be sure you have not just subscribed to one of the topics within
the course forum.
The method of subscribing is more confusing than it should be.