by Sotirios Stergiopoulos
- Only integer entries are accepted in the text field.
- To insert an element, type an integer in the text field and click on
Insert. Continue clicking at will on Next Step to trace the algorithm until
the button is disabled and the insertion is terminated.
- To delete the minimum key click on DeleteMin. A new heap will be created
having as its root list the children of the deleted node in reverse order.
Until the completion of the algorithm the bottom heap will be replaced by
either the new heapor the original heap, whichever one has the smallest degree.
After the merging is complete the bottom heap is restored to its original
- To decrease a key, select a node by clicking on it, input an integer
in the text field, and click on DecreaseKey. Continue clicking on Next Step
to trace the algorithm.
- To perform a union on two heaps click on Union and continue clicking
on Next Step until the algorithm is terminated.
- To switch to a new heap to operate on, click on Switch. The current
heap will move to the bottom. If there is already a heap on the bottom then
that will become the new working heap. All operations (except for union)
operate exclusively on the top heap.
- If two nodes overlap due to overcrowding of nodes in the window, it is
possible to drag the top node to the side with the mouse to see the node below.
- To clear the working heap click Reset.