COSC 4401.03 Artificial Intelligence
(x-listed COSC 5393.03)
Section M Winter Tue, Thu 16:00-17:30
This course will be an in-depth treatment of one or
more specific topics within the field of Artificial
Intelligence. Possible topics include the following.
- Machine learning: deduction, induction, abduction,
explanation-based learning, learning k-DNF.
- Statistical learning: reinforcement learning, genetic
learning algorithms, connectionist learning systems,
supervised and unsupervised.
- Statistical and structural pattern recognition.
- Speech recognition.
- Artificial intelligence programming paradigms:
search, pattern-directed inference, logic- and object-
oriented programming, symbolic mathematics,
constraint satisfaction and symbolic relaxation,
building problem solvers, efficiency issues.
- Sensor-based robotics: path planning, position
estimation, map-building, object recognition,
robotic sensor and actuator hardware, software, and
Contact the course director for information regarding the
focus of the course this year.
prerequisites, including COSC3402.03